Sunday, September 9, 2007

My Counter to the Red (Republican) Menace...

is nothing short of....

New Deal 2008!
Remember when we hashed this out? I won't drag this out into the open unless someone tells me it's ok. You guys have already put a link up for my book, giving me the platform for the unveiling of the sure fire way to win your party into the White House for a generation is asking a lot. And besides, FR may hold that to be proprietary as planks in his platform. So, who wants to see it?

1 comment:

Titus said...

Post it… I can’t find the original post, as I can’t remember what the thread was called. I have nearly 1200 posts in the archives, and I’m sick of sorting through them.

If nothing else, it will stimulate some seriously interesting thoughts on how to properly conduct a campaign. That is something we haven’t seen since Nixon won the White House…

Question: Is “New Deal” a phrase too full of negative connotations to use in a modern campaign? Or might it harken back to a time when social issues weren’t dictated by the mores of the media elite, but by the voice of the people? I’m not saying FDR couldn’t or didn’t play the media, but he did it to address issues that I think were important to the population as a whole… and he did it well. So did Truman and so did Ike. Reagan was very good at it too… but wasn’t a New Deal President. Carter sucked at it, as did Johnson.

Clinton wasn’t “New Deal” (no matter what he says), but he did pander to popular concerns… mainly to his detriment, but he did. Bush does nothing to address popular concern… a cue he seems to have taken from Rummy and Ari.

Hillary may see this and correct it in her campaign, but she won’t give any substance to what she says… its patently impossible, as she has no original ideas of her own. That is true of all the Dem candidates. The only hope is to see the GOP finally put some meat back into a campaign.

T