Thursday, January 7, 2010

"I mean to misbehave."

Let's put politics aside for a moment, and discuss something we all share in common: a real appreciation for science fiction television/movies.

I know James and I are both well versed in the nuances of Joss Whedon's sci-fi series "Firefly" and its spin-off movie, "Serenity"... but I'm wondering if Ryan or Baddboy have seen it? If you haven't... it is must see. I mean this.

Especially Ryan. We have all cried at the loss of America's "rough-and-tumble" individualistic western genre of TV series over the course of the last two decades, and most of our favorite sci-fi shows have shown a real liberal bend to them, even going back to the premier of the STNG series pilot, "Encounter at Farpoint".

Joss Whedon has broken that mold... forget the utopian "Federation of Planets" of Roddenberry, or the fairy tail structure of the two Star Wars sagas, this is really original and worth multiple viewings. I can't stop watching the shows! It is getting to be a real contender for "Most Watched" in my library... right next to Band of Brothers, to be perfectly honest. I think it has already eclipsed Lord of the Rings... tough as that is to admit.

Epic... truly epic.

No comments: