Wednesday, December 24, 2008

And I read only my own posts?

Dork, I wasn't arguing when and where depressions vs recessions historically occurred. THAT is not my point. My assigning a "legacy of failure" to the New Deal era is based on what it represented in redefining governments role in both times of crisis and the every day.

The New Deal is the Demarcation line, in my opinion, of when "government" is redefined. Its interventionism, it's the "answer", it's the standard for all other social "wars" chief executives would declare against in the future be it poverty, housing, health care etc.

The New Deal made possible, as a precedent setting redefining era, all other defunct, bloated, social agendas that tip toed into the wet dreams of succeeding government social engineering interventionist chief executives that followed. THAT depicts a legacy of endless reproduction of failure via government programs - none of which are possible without the FDR government interventionist model. Thus the New Deal legacy is one of failure (and that's without even getting into success/failure rates of the individual programs I might add).

Send the ever distracting Trevor to clean the latrines, and then actually READ what I am writing next time.

No comments: