Wednesday, December 24, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I'd like to say a sincere Merry Christmas to the original Bund brothers (and you ARE like brothers to me), and the impressive veteran I am yet to meet.

So I'm sitting here today, feeling like a heel. Not only did I receive a card with pictures included from NEPA, today a box arrives with sweet confections and baked goods from Biloxi, MS. First, I thank you both, and your respective better halves - please tell them I said so. My self assigned "heel" feeling is due to my negligence in not issuing a reciprocating holiday package ... then something occurred to me. So given the late date in the month this gift is certain to both get to you on time and please the eye. There is one catch, there is an expiration date of 12/25/08, after which it will no longer be valid:

Titus - you were RIGHT, I was WRONG ... about everything. Every argument, every squabble, every disagreement. Limbaugh is an insufferable boob, and FDR should be on the $10 bill before Reagan gets so much as a shilling.

Jambo - your new New Deal is without flaw. It is genius incarnate. I find no quarrel with a single syllable. Socrates himself would have refused the Hemlock if only to live one day closer to its realization. It deserves to be voted into ... strike that ... DECLARED law tomorrow.

Merry Christmas!
(and do bare in mind that expiration date).

No comments: