Tuesday, March 1, 2011

On Libertarians...

I retract my statements that caused Ryan such concern. I used the word "Libertarian" rather than "libertarian". Both Beck and Ron Paul are far closer to the "libertarian" view of what government should be in this nation than they are the Republican view... especially since they repeatedly make demands of the GOP that will simply never be met.

They are the far right of the current GOP spectrum, though... of that I feel confident in saying. Of course, Beck has the lattitude within his radio and TV format to say what he wants, rather than follow the more constrained phrasing that the Honorable Mr. Paul must. Ron Paul is far more likely to feel the need to say what people want to hear, since it is in his best interest to do so as an elected official. I'm not beating on Paul here, either... surely even his most rabid supporters will admit that he can't simply say things the way Beck and other pundits can, since they are not "representing" constituents within the US Federal government the way Ron Paul is. Does that make sense?

Anyway... I stand corrected.

No comments: