Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Big surprise ...

On two counts ...

One, McCain just took New Hampshire. I knew that would happen, as I stated a few days ago, and his win is meaningless. All due respect to his unbelieveably heroic service to our country, he'll never be CIC. Also on that front, in this 5 second attention span, farces for debates, and 24 hour news coverage era, I think that "momentum" is key; and if that's true, the supposed front runners on each side - Hillary & Rudy - have made politically fatal mistakes in thinking they will start their real primary pushes starting in Florida.

The other rhetorical "surprise" is certain Columbia University staff. As we should all recall a while back the president of Iran, "Ahmed -Mein kompf rocks - adenajad" was invited by University president Lee Bollinger. I excoriated him for the move and both I and Jambo called his voicemail and voiced that opinion. In the end I did, however, give him credit for absolutely admonishing his invited guest (while holding firm the criticism for the invite itself). Well, Professors of Anthropology, Philosophy and Mid-Eastern studies are set to issue "Ahmed" an official apology on behalf of the university staff for his treatment by President Bollinger. In a different century they called that sedition. Talk about confirming a stereotype of a pointy head intellectual with his head up his ass!! Did I mention how much I disliked the teacher's union??

FR

No comments: