Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hey - "pinko,commie" is MY pet name for YOU!

Surely friend we are in the book of Revelations ... the horsemen approach.

Here I sit, ME, being called a commie for voting "yes", and having to defend that vote. Let me be as clear as possible. ALL of the things you wrote, i.e. favors, pulling you off the $10 games, etc is true - for past years in this business only however. I no longer work for as "joint", or a "house" or any other colorful pejorative we once employed. I work for a multi-national 41 property world wide corporation. And hey, I'm pro-capitalist, god bless them for being successful (although I have beefs with the corporate influence on allowing the continuation of open borders). The point for my distinguishing this description of my employer is that the favor pulling, road map rig-ama-rolling, table swapping, extra break getting days are OVER. At least for Harrah's Inc. The write-ups, point assignments and paper trails that have been put in place are enforced to the umpteenth degree. Everyone is paralyzed with fear of doing anything wrong less they get hammered. The pencil has been neutered and floor have to wait for shift boss approval on moving a game from 15 to 25 dollars. And by the way, there hasn't been a $10 game at Caesar's since the Carter administration. That being said, I am in no danger of seeing the "old school" good ol' boys club of hooking me up because I am "liked" disappear - it's long gone. That one EO you got me as a 10pm floor, at 11:30, because Ang was ill would get you fired now. And your plan, well conceived as it was to claim you simply "forgot" to write the sick leave down, wouldn't fly in this corporation. Now, this is what is vital to understand with MY vote. I personally dislike some of the senior mgmt. I lament that they consume some of the good air I could be using, and through their mouth no less. This was a personal "stick-it-to-them" vote that I couldn't resist partaking in. And add to the fact that neither I nor Reagan completely have ever frowned on honest unions, I really don't see why I have to defend this. Very little of what I have always espoused, if anything, is in conflict here. My beef whenever we discussed unions were always directed at specific unions, namely the teacher's union, whom I literally despise. Child education has nothing to do with their stated charter and subsequent actions. Obviously there are good individual teachers, but the union leaders and those whom support it blindly are in violation of the public trust we put in them as educators, in my opinion. At any rate, for the record, this was more personal then philosophical for me, and even adding the personal ideology I have never blanketly maligned all unions in every instance, it was specific. Secondly, I have decided to wait and see if they are helpful before I sign anything or pay anything - and I have not done so in any form so far. Lastly, to reitorate, I have always excoriated unions by name, not in general that I can recall. And if there were ever to be a "President Moore", honest, law abiding, industry enhancing (rather than crippling) unions would have no quarrels with me. Those who don't fit that description, i.e. the teacher's union, should quake in their boots. I hope this releases you from the compulsion to call me names I have always reserved for you. I'm a patriotic, America first, traditionalist conservative ..... and come hell or Katrina's high water, that will never change.

****

Glad you got the radio. That necklace is an actual part of our uniform, if you can believe that. We are required to give it to a patron as we are tapped out to go home, and collect another the next morn. Ha .... I can assure you I have received, let us say, a "mardi-gra like" (no nudity though) response from many an attractive young lady for the medallion. Not a bad policy.

*****

Oh, and I have mentioned the 3rd highest radio conservative broadcaster Glenn Beck once or ten times before, and apparently over the holidays he went in for some routine, what he jokingly referred to as "butt surgery", and there was a complication. A blockage of some sort occurred post surgery. The human bladder normally holds 400 cc's of liquid. his held 1,500 at one point, and he almost died. The pain was so that they gave him what they call "end of life patches" that contain synthetic heroine 80 times stronger than morphine. At any rate, I thought I'd mention it... radio is a more personal medium - in your car, headphones, kitchen etc, and I guess you kind of come to feel like you "know" these guys even though you don't. And the possibility of actually calling the host and talking to them enhances that personalization all the more (as I did with Limbaugh, we spoke for about 2 minutes a couple years ago - I still have the tape). Beck's bar none the funniest (and smart comedy) political commentator in business today. He's genuinely likable and I hope he has a swift recovery. Plus, he's a Mormon ... he he.

****

Well, New Hampshire today, and I have to change a prediction. I thought NOTHING could stop the Clinton war machine ... I was wrong. Obama is not simply running a "campaign." He's morphing it into a "movement." He has the verbal cadence of MLK, and the youthful energy of JFK. I think Hillary is in real trouble and if he takes NH, and runs that momentum into Michigan all the way through super Tuesday, the queen will fall.

Later ...

Oh, and "Dr.Who?" I couldn't mean that more literally. I think I once saw a half an episode on accident before my dad changed the channel, and my diaper. That's okay Grandpa ... clean your spectacles and put in your good teeth for the popcorn and enjoy your latest dvd conquest...he he.

FR

No comments: