Thursday, January 31, 2008

Take two on this post...

Ryan asked me after the debate who I was voting for. To spare everyone the wordy conversation, it boiled down to "I don't know yet," because none of these candidates in any party answered my questions. So Ryan wanted me to post the questions. If the blog eats this post I'm going to have issues.

1) What is your measurable and specific plan to remove our need to import energy? (This covers a broad range of issues from the manufacture of electricity to the importation of oil.)

2) Your measurable and specific plan for securing our borders?

3) What do you intend to do about China, Russia and India and their growing dominance in energy and manufacturing?

4) What is your plan concerning infrastructure within the US? (Rail, airports, highways, etc)

5) What do you intend to do about social security and universal healthcare?

There it is. Notice how I'm not asking about the current state of the economy? Because once this election is over the economy will do fine no matter who wins. It is the uncertainty of elections that triggers this recession fever. Didn't ask about the war either because if someone says "peace with honor" I'm hitting the panic button. They stay as long as they have to.

What would you guys ask?

No comments: