Sunday, January 6, 2008

Pure, sinful PRIDE!

Now, finding out just who among our very small circle of readers (and our even smaller circle of contributers) is able to TRULY appreciate the magnitude of what I have done will be VERY telling, indeed!

Without "sounding my own horn" too loudly, I pride myself in having a very broad appreciation for movies and TV programs... I can watch just about anything once, and if it is even marginally good... twice or more. Quality programing? I can watch that time and time again, without missing a beat or ever becoming bored.

"Band of Brothers" I have seen at least 75 times, all the way through. "Lord of the Rings" as many as well... double if you count the extra features on the DVDs. "Mystery Science Theater 3000"? Please... I feel I have known Crow T. and Servo the better part of my adult life, and consider them close, personal friends. "Gladiator", "A Bridge Too Far", "Team AMERICA", "Horatio Hornblower", "To Kill a Mocking Bird", my "Sharpe's" series (oh YEAH!)... I have literally spent DAYS in front of the tube watching these masterpieces of cinematic and made-for-TV entertainment.

The one thing, though, that I have dreamed of for DECADES, but never been able to get?

I got it tonight, boys and girls!

The ENTIRE "Dr. Who" series from the years 1976 to 1984... with commentary and extras!

That's right, you bunch of "space losers"! The ENTIRE Tom Baker era of the longest running Sci-Fi program in television history is now MINE!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So, I'll leave you guys to your election obsesions and your pro-union, pinko-commie rants for about a WEEK... that's how long it will take me to completely absorb the wonder of my newest entertainment CONQUEST.

Adios...

No comments: