Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The 11th Commandment ...

First off to Badboy ..
We all (the three original founders) fancy ourselves brighter then most, more in the "know" then most, but each of us stand in awe, with wide gaping mouths (if ever so momentarily silent) to those who actually serve. I know that a part of us all wish we had - good form sir, very good form.

****
On "Reagan" and why conservatives have a problem with McCain ....

I wouldn't dare to comment further on Reagan then what Ronnie's eldest son has to say .... I will add this on McCain however. YES, Sir Ron WOULD vote for the party nominee, no doubt. I, as a "Regan-ite", as penned by Pliny The Elder, have said exactly that. However, The 11th Commandment Reagan spoke of (to speak no ill of a fellow Republican) falls in contrast, in principle, to "I didn't leave my party (the Democrat Party), it left me." A phrase (or there abouts) he made famous. So, McCain gets my support by default (taking both of those Reagan staments into consideration) due only to one fact - men of ours are in combat, & he's 10 times more liberal then me, but 100 times more conservative then Hillary or Barak.

The "Romney" he spoke of (Micheal R.) is Mitt's Dad, the former governor of Michigan that was opposed to both Goldwater (dramatically so according to Pat Buchanan) & Reagan when his time came (favoring G.H. Bush).

But to reiterate, McCain has been on the "non-conservative" side of about 5 out of the 6 hottest button issues of the last 7 years - 1.) Judges... the "gang of 14" helped to represent Democrats desire for more moderate (meaning flaming libs, more abortions "please") judges. 2.) McCain/Kennedy ... in a word, AMNESTY! 3.) McCain/Feingold, the incumbent protection Act, makes free speech its bitch. 4.) GITMO ... "shut it down" he says, but no explanation as to what to do "next." 5.) Waterboarding is "out" with him. It's "torture", etc...

Now, NUMBER SIX is the overall war on terror. He "gets" that. And that, with men in theater, is what will cause me, and men of my ilk, to pull the lever for him. Badboy, etc, as much as I have beefs with "John" (I dare not think I've earned the right to address him by first name ouside of quotation marks) deserve that much ... God knows they've earned it.....

1 comment:

Titus said...

I honestly did figure you'd vote McCain, if he wins the nod. I am still shocked at how ugly Levin and Church and all these other new and increasingly popular pundits are about McCain, though... I heard "the Great One" say he'd rather not vote at all. That's nice, isn't it? That's living the "conservative" ideal right?

I also knew that Reagan wasn't the ACTUAL combatant in a Mitt Romney face-off... I was referring more to his 2000 campaign promise to uphold and protect MA "right to choose" laws. THAT was in direct conflict with the afore mentioned "Reagan-esque" attitude of NO COMPROMISE OF PRINCIPALS (something even Reagan failed to do once in a while).

Anyway... nice to see you post again. Where the hell you been?