Thursday, February 14, 2008

You know, I don't ask for a lot...

... in the morning. My coffee. No screaming, fighting children. No screaming, fighting wife. And Mike and Mike in the morning on ESPN. TV or radio, hey, I'm flexible. It's my morning thing, and when you work nights your morning thing is pretty freaking important. Pitchers and catchers report next week. I need to know who these scrubs are that Minnesota picked up from the Mets.

What do I get?

The Clements hearing in front of a bunch of idiot (and that's an understatement!) congressmen.

Ryan. When you get elected, if you're sitting on a committee questioning sports guys, for the love of all that's holy KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ASKING! These morons are just that. Morons. My kids, pick one, any of the three, know more about baseball than these idiots. So why would a baseball player take steroids or HGH? What kind of evidence, physically, would that leave? Does anyone ask intellegent questions like that? No.

Ok. First hour wasted. Now we're swinging into hour two. Still a chance to salvage this. Rap with me about the Twins. Someone talk about baseball. Like for real baseball. 2008 baseball. What do I get?

Arlen Specter talking to Goodell about Spygate.

Ok, number one, reliving the Patriots shame in 2007 isn't as painful as idiots talking to Clements. BUT... Specter sounds as Pennsyvanian as Huckabee sounds native to Arkansas. In fact. Specter sounds way more like someone from Little Rock than Huckabee. NLF anti-trust issues and Spygate is not something I want to WASTE my morning watching or listening to!

You know what? Didn't a report come out just last week saying that in the event of a major attack or a natural disaster ala Katrina, our collective National Guard aren't ready? Couldn't Congress be working on that as opposed to wrecking my morning with this bull?

Someone end this Writer's Strike so the world of Reality TV leaves Congress. JEEZ!

1 comment:

F. Ryan said...

That made me laugh out loud! Having heard/seen him on TV before, that Specter stuff - hillarious.