Sunday, February 3, 2008

Talk Radio

I think I am going to stop listening to conservative talk radio, and switch over to either the Liberal channel on my satellite receiver or tune in to ESPN ONLY... cause I seem to be getting pissed off on a really regular basis.

Last night, about 1:30 am local time, I'm driving along and listening to Patriot 144 on Sirius. Wilkow is replaying his Friday show... and I hear the following exchange:

(Note: Paraphrazed of course...)

Caller: "What GOP candidate has more expert insight into torture and inhumane treatment than McCain?"

Wilkow: "Do you have a wife?"

Caller: "Uhhh... yeah."

Wilkow: "Does the fact that she has a vagina make her a gynecologist?"

???????

What the ....???

I'm sorry, but what more offensive comment could be made in regards to both denegrating McCain's time in captivity while serving in the Navy AND making the issue of inhumane treatment of prisoners seem trivial and unimportant?

I'm willing to be the first to say that "combat experience" doesn't equate to expert knowledge of combat command and control... I'd say Kerry proved that point very well. None the less, you will never hear ME question ANYONE who has seen the "elephant" in regards to how it shaped their opinion or political view later on.

And as far as McCain's view on "torture" goes... perhaps the Hon. Senator from Arizona ISN'T an EXPERT on torture based solely on his own torture experience, but to suggest the experience is irrellevant is not only juvenile, it's offensive in the extreme.

To finish Wilkow's analogy... if I were a woman, I might not automaticly be a gynecologist because I have a vagina, but I can damn well guaranty you that if I have questions about which gynecologist I am going to visit (read: EXPERT ON TORTURE), I'm going to ask someone with a history of some pretty serious vaginal issues about what she feels are good solutions. I sure as HELL am not going to listen to Andrew Wilkow... No vagina, no time in the service, never been tortured, and doesn't have to common sense to seperate the Senator from the Naval Aviator.

End of rant.

3 comments:

Jambo said...

You post more and more like Liz every day.

Titus said...

At least I post... loserboy!

LJP said...

Wilkow is just a smartassed, smug little geek. Good thing you don't have to hear him for free...