Thursday, February 7, 2008

Now I am REALLY lost...

I admit to questioning the GOP's hatred of McCain, but I didn't think Romney would drop out!

Does this put to rest all the rumors that Huckabee and McCain were in kahoots to take delegates from Romney... or does this prove it? Mitt's speech in front of CPAC (where he announced the end of his bid) was short and sweet... but didn't give any real insight into the "why"of it all, did it?

I'm still hoping for an explanation of WHY "real conservatives" felt McCain was hurting the chances of a GOP win in the general by doing WELL in the primary? Yes, he was gaining delegates over Romney and Huckabee... but isn't that the point? Regardless of who gets the "nod", surely the GOP wasn't sweating a Bush-Perot style split, were they? No one spoke of running as a 3rd party, and I find it difficult to believe a Romney supporter would withhold a vote come November simply because McCain feels the need to pander "compassionate conservatism" to the "deportation NOW" crowd.

I am flat out surprised by this... and a little dissappointed, too. Given the choice of yesterday, I'd have voted for Romney (Thompson was my first choice) in the general. And were I a Republican with an opportunity to vote in the primary, I'd have probably voted Romney (given no chance for Thompson)... but I'm not a Republican and PA hasn't had their primary yet.

Anyway... I guess you can disregard all the previous posts on this thread. They seem a bit mute now that McCain is as good as the GOP nominee.

No comments: