Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hope springs eternal...

I'm still trying to wake up at nearly 4 pm in the afternoon, and what do I find?

My future "sons" (ages 13 and 5) playing the Wii... and the game they are playing?

Medal of Honor: Vanguard!

That's right... the "Mario Brother" twins have finally decided that an historically accute video experience of the trials and tribulations and ultimate victory of our grandfathers and great-grandfathers in WWII can, indeed, be entertaining. I watch with misty pride as they crawl through the stone walls of Anzio, the verdant hedgerows of Normandy, the canal-crossed fields of Nijmegen region of the Netherlands... slaying the hated Wehrmacht at every opportunity.

*Note: For any parent considering buying this platform... beware! The Wii controllers are "adult-proof" and I am not kidding. Yes, you can buy traditional Nintendo controllers that work with the Wii, and I have, it still puts you at a serious disadvantage from your teenage opponents. It sucks losing a one-on-one engagement with a 13 year old every single time.

That's the thought for the day...

No comments: