Tuesday, November 4, 2008

... and I just got in...

I stood in line with 48 other people in front of me (I counted them) beginning at 4:30 PM. The line took just about 15 minutes to get me to the booths, and it was over as fast as that. All done.

Recall that I gave some attendance figures from the '06 election? I was on an election committee (Committee Chairman, actually!) and I still have many of the turn-out figures for both '06 and '04. For the last Presidential election, my precinct had 487 people show up to vote, and in '06 it was a whopping 88.

Today, with 3.5 hours of voting left to go, I was number 984!

If the Tunkhannock II Precinct of Wyoming County, PA can nearly double its voter turn out this year, and this is indicative of the ENTIRE nation... then McCain is in a lot of trouble...

No comments: