Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Playground antics ...

I don't mean to nit-pick, but this REALLY sticks in my craw. For the third day in a row Mr. Obama has held a press conference in which to announce his cabinet suggestions to the Senate. Ok, fine. I guess I just haven't actually watched these "pressers" as they call them, rather listened to pieces of them on the radio, from where I draw the bulk of my news along with the Internet (I prefer these sources for I can get subject-specific commentary and updates, whereas on television I'm subjected to the latest Paris Hilton has done, thrown in with Russian war ships in Venezuela ... but I digress).

Today, the TV was left on and there was Barak, at a podium, and the podium read "something" on the front, and as I walked up to confirm what it was the broadcast ended (I was in the kitchen). I thought to myself, "did that podium read what I thought it did? Noooo. That would be silly." So I popped online, and sure enough ... the podium of the next president of the United States, the most powerful man in the world, has a sign hanging from it that read: THE OFFICE of the PRESIDENT ELECT OF THE UNITED STATES.

Excuse me? What the hell is wrong with them? You will be the "actual" president in less then 60 days, and have the REAL insignia. This struck me as so silly, so juvenile as to be almost laughable. And the president shouldn't be a laughable figure. First off, THERE IS NO FRIGGIN OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT ELECT, of the United States or any place else! Namely Barry ol' pal, because you have no, read: ZERO constitutional authority. They made this thing up out of whole cloth, and he looks just plane silly standing there behind it. And what's worse, some teenager may be watching and assume there IS such an office (along with assuming that the PoTUS simply "picks" his cabinet, and that's the end of it rather then be confirmed by the Senate - which is the way its discussed on television news).

Maybe I'm being too critical. You be the judge. You can see the podium, with him behind it, within the first 47 seconds of the video in this link - ANNOYING.

No comments: