Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What dribble...

No one could read what I wrote and NOT see the facetious aspect of it (except Ryan, of course!), but I'll respond anyway...

Ryan was correct in that I really appreciate the position that Democrats like Miller, Taylor and Lieberman have taken since 2000... that the Democratic Party IS the "People's Party" and I am a proud member of the larger group known as the PEOPLE. I support national defense, national security, a moderate-to-low tax system, "free-market" health care, fiscal responsibility in government, and a greater emphasis on "State's Rights". Time was, these were "foundations" of the Democratic platform... now they make me sound like an ultra-right-winger.

I am NOT ready to abandone my Party to the likes of Pelosi and Reid and Obama... I WANT to be able to have a hand in shaping it's make-up via the primary elections and county causcuses here in PA. I will continue to do so.

My point in my post wasn't that such "blame-throwing" was happening at all... but taht it hadn't been seriously addressed by the GOP leadership until Mac went on the Leno show! Where was the Congressional GOP leadership? Where was Mac? Where were the GOP Governors of the lower 48 States? I didn't hear Savage or Mike Church defending Palin on the conservative talk-shows... where were they? Even Hannity and Limbaugh only lightly touched on the topic... no real heat to pressure brought to bear on those that made the accusations.

I'm not saying Palin is the "Great White Hope" of the GOP (there's a touchy choice of words, huh?) in 2012... but to suggest she ISN'T going to be a factor in 2012 is simply stupid... so WHY allow the Palin bashing to go on as long as it has? ESPECIALLY from the inside?

The GOP hasn't simply lost touch with the conservative "message" of Reagan/Bush... they have begun to measurably split into camps, and a divided Party NEVER wins.

They have (at best) three years to get their colelctive "shit" together... and the first two weeks haven't shown me much promise in that regard. If Ryan sees it, he must be looking somewhere I am not.

2 comments:

F. Ryan said...

I'll give you that bit about primary elections. If PA is a closed primary then indeed the only hand you have available in "shaping" that Party is in fact the primaries, and you can only do that in a closed primary via your Democrat Party membership. By the way - Leibermann hasn't been a registered Democrat for 2 years. He ran as an Independent in 06' when the "rank and file" Dems opted for someonme else in the primary. He then of course went on to win in a 3 way race.

Titus said...

BUT... his name will show up on the Democratic Primary ticket hoping he can win back his Dem seat. If he loses the primary, he runs in the general as an "I".

THAT is the power of our primary system, and the root of why I am STILL a Dem.