Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I haven't voted yet....

...but DAMN!

My precinct voting HQ is the West End Biloxi Library. It's a nice sleepy little part of a mid sized town, granted on a road with nasty traffic, but where is there NOT traffic in post storm Biloxi?

So my ex-wife calls me at 7:20. Polls open at 7. She was there at 7 because work for her starts at 8. She estimated her place in line at 80. The line snaked outside the library almost three quarters of a block.

Last time I voted ('06) I went after picking the kids up from school and was #147. My ex was #120 at 7:55 when she finally got to a booth.

I dropped the kids off at 8:20 like normal and drove by the library, thinking I'd pull in and vote. The line was a full block long and getting longer. I'm hoping this is the before work crowd and when I get back over that way around 10:30 or perhaps 2 PM the line will be a bit shorter, and there will be a parking space.

Talk about turnout!

No comments: