Sunday, November 23, 2008

Homeland Security and our future leader

I have been trying to find in my research where Janet Napolitano has had experience in the past with security, defense or any other experience in this field. I have foune NONE. She is a lawyer and accomplished at that. Two term governor of Arizona, State Attorney General and so on but nothing that would say that she is qualified to lead what has become one of the single most important divisions of government. No military background, no security background, no history of even being involved in these matters at all. If she was pegged for Attorney General I may not be making this post but it's kind of odd that this is his pick for Homeland Security.

I keep getting this feeling of impending doom the more research I do on these matters. Why no Colin Powell. This is a man that understands defense, logistics and threats to our national security intimately. Why not one of the Police Chiefs from one of our Major cities, why not someone from the FBI who has similar credentials when it comes to these matters.

Am I the only one confused by this potential appointment?

1 comment:

Titus said...

Me? I think it is because she is "middle-of-the-road" on immigration issues. If border securityis going to remain a big issue within the Homeland Security debate, then he needs a leader with SOME credentials in this regard, but no one TOO tough (like Richardson, say) or TOO vocally opposed to Obama's politics (like Arnold or Perry).

She's easy and safe and WON'T make waves... just like Ridge.