Saturday, July 24, 2010

Court dates and storms...

We worked with Pilot in 2005, dude.

Funny you should bring that up, with Bonnie spinning in the Gulf, but she's only a tropical depression. What storm surge she'll push will more than likely stir up more oil concerns than flood concerns. And the more rain she drops the cooler the Gulf gets, making future storm development this season difficult. And anything that makes future storm development this season difficult, I'm supporting.

The court date for my child support adjustment was supposed to be yesterday, but my ex decided to settle. This drama has been brewing since Labor Day 2008, when the economy crapped out. The good news is I have financial breathing room. Whether or not it was worth what I had to do to get it will be decided later.

I remember my time in Coushatta, a small slice of central Louisiana heaven that cost me 1.5 years of my life but aged me a decade. What little I remember after we opened the doors, (massive labor issues due to licencing, operational obstacles due to inexperienced personnel, and a lot of 20 hour days) was stopping in a hole in the wall town named Jennings because one of my roommates had to have a beer, and waking up four hours later in my car. None of us got our beer and we had to turn around and go back to work. That crap is for the young, single and motivated. I SO no longer fit that description.

Hope you get a break soon. Nice to see you post. Call if you want, I'm off mon thurs sun next week. You too Ryan.

No comments: