Friday, July 2, 2010

Now THIS is what I don't get...

In one post you berate me for making an association that violates your definition of "good taste", and in the next you make the blanket generalization that Islam is the root of all our current threats, foreign or domestic, and that only an "awakening" from within the faith can fix what is wrong.

How is that okay? Not to pick a fight (God forbid)... just wondering, that's all.

Why don't you just come out and admit that you think Islam is the problem? The threat to our society stems not from radicals within that faith, but from the faith itself, right? Palestinians can't be allowed to feel marginalized or persecuted... because Israel is "good" and Islam is "evil" right? Israel can't make a mistake in their national policy making, because they are the "chosen people" and the common folk of Palestine have chosen the brazen image of the evil "Hamas" as their standard, and thus removed themselves from the possibility of grace by embracing "evil".

I have, in the past, posited the thought that Islam IS the root of the problem... and you had no issue with the post (or simply didn't read it). However, in one post I make the slightest suggestion that perhaps Israel has options that the media and the West in general aren't looking at rationally, and I'm labeled "ignorant". Please note that I am not exaggerating here... Jambo has had no issue with what I wrote, has he? Only Ryan feels I have "moved beyond the pale" in this regard.

No comments: