Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm okay with what you said...

Iran is a threat, no question there. I'd even go so far as to say that there is no country on earth that should be denied a nuclear weapon MORE than Iran... as long as we aren't dismissing or negating the threat that places like China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, et al, also pose.

I'd say that there is a difference in the kind of threat posed. China is a real strategic threat to US interests, where I think Iran is a real (and very direct) threat to our immediate national security and regional peace and stability. Iran is the national embodiment of the threats posed by Hamas and Hezbullah, with the added capacity to develop, build and deliver nuclear weapons. I'll keep Iran on top of my list, but (were I PotUS) I'd have a whole wing of the State Department watching China 24/7.

No comments: