Monday, July 26, 2010

Harshed again, huh?

Come on, man... I can't even say "I'm not a fan"? Another example of Titus being intellectually "dishonest"?

He's funny when he wants to be, I'll give him that... and his side-kicks are even funnier (I think one is called Stew (sp?)) but as I said, he fancies himself a prognosticator and self-taught analyst while routinely making some pretty basic mistakes in his historical facts. Don't his errors in historical understanding allow me to question his ability to predict future events?

I'll say this, he doesn't "pretend" to be a political expert on anything, and he never quits saying it. His is pure opinion based on information that is readily available to anyone who cares to read it. I like how he took the criticism of the "left" about his now well-diagnosed eye problem and mocked them mercilessly with it for nearly a week... and that was funny stuff. I certainly don't begrudge him his success... its well earned. I also get a real kick out of the references the guys make all the time... they are right from my own memories and experiences (Romper Room, Star Wars, Scooby Doo, etc).

I'm still convinced that, if I want insightful historical analysis of current events wrapped up in humor and hyperbole... I'll take Mike Church on my ride to work all day long. I don't agree with Mike on everything, either (he strikes me as a solid and unwavering Libertarian), but his understanding of history rivals our own and I really enjoyed his documentaries on the Constitution and Revolutionary period. Call it my "secret" pleasure... like Ryan's enjoyment of Savage Nation... harmless.

No comments: