Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hahahaha!

That was priceless ... nothing shows your opinions aren't full of hubris like a 400 word dissertation to refute!

Ha!

I'm sure Jambo appreciates your demonstrating his point in such a, well ... demonstrable fashion.

That reminded me of once, as a lad, walking with a girl I was dating, in a mall somewhere, 19 or maybe 20 was I. As we passed a mirror and I took the opportunity to adjust my shirt she fired, "you know vanity is a turn-off." Without even doing her the decency of looking away from the mirror I responded, "I'm not vain!." I guess it was seeing myself say that in the mirror is what led me to a short conversation with myself - I says to myself, self - either stop being vain or accept that you are, either way you'll look much less foolish.

I will only add, to the various points within your last, that I posted on the Saudi's acquiescence some weeks ago. But let's not kid ourselves, they are doing that for self serving reasons and not due to some enlightened view of the state of Israel. If it served their purpose to allow Israel to be wiped off the map via the Iranians, I have no doubt they'd be on board.

Lastly, in your "I'm not arrogant" multi page refutation you did not address the idea that perhaps, maybe, it might be that using incendiary phrases like "grinding dirt" in the common Palestinians face may not be the best way to instigate a legitimate discussion on the options for Israeli policy. Nor did you broach the idea that Holocaust satire was perhaps beyond the pale, and in need of retraction.

1 comment:

Titus said...

... "you did not address the idea that perhaps, maybe, it might be that using incendiary phrases like "grinding dirt" in the common Palestinians face may not be the best way to instigate a legitimate discussion on the options for Israeli policy. Nor did you broach the idea that Holocaust satire was perhaps beyond the pale, and in need of retraction."

Nor will I... I stand by my inflammatory rhetoric every bit as strongly as you have said you do.

So there.