Friday, July 2, 2010

Oy, vey iz mir!

Come on. You do see the difference don't you? This was a not so veiled attempt to say, "see, how do you like it when someone makes wild assumptions about your position and attacks you just because you asked a question?"

Y-a-w-n ...

The obvious difference is I actually asked an honest question and did not apply over the top, tasteless hyperbole. I didn't suggest the other 97% were rubbing the common Jew's (or Westerner's) face in the dirt when posing my question, did I? And I did not follow that up with ghastly, sarcastic references that Muslims might conduct a genocide that history associates with happening to their own people, did I? It was those comments of yours which I seized upon, feeling they were declaring an opinion, and I went about vehemently disagreeing with that opinion (one I found misinformed and ignorant). I did not, as you suggest, jump on you for merely asking an "honest question." I asked a single question - one I honestly don't have the answer to (which is why I didn't really respond to your post stating that you did) - and followed it with a paragraph noting my opinion that answering this question and naming our enemy out loud is preferable to merely declaring war against their tactic (terror). Please reread my post, cut and paste where I claimed to have the question's answer; employed insulting hyperbole against the 97%, or Palestinians; and declared that Islam is by definition violent. I would love to see it. And since you have four days off I assume you now have time to conduct the necessary cutting and pasting you found much too laborious to prove me "wrong" last time. That left click, right click - utterly exhausting, I know. It's like drinks that say "shake well before consuming", I mean who has time for that? By the way, if I used those feminine little parenthesis/semi colon smiley faces, this is where I'd insert it.

And just for background, I came to this question because Brad Thor (a Clancy style author, with a new book out) said it was his opinion that Osama Bin Laden was the "[B]est practicing Muslim in the world." I found that a rather shocking statement, at which I first scoffed. Then upon thinking about it I realized I hadn't the familiarity or expertise (I suppose Thor believes he does) to state whether the terrorists are perverting Islam or the non terrorists are. I know which scenario scares me more, so I thought I'd ask you guys which would concern each of you more. Again, if you can find tasteless hyperbole referencing kicking dirt on people or a Muslim Holocaust, feel free to cut and paste it, and prove me wrong.

And noting that "no one else" has a problem with what you wrote is a bit of a misnomer, don't you think? There are only 3 of us which run this site, and only 2 whom primarily post, the very 2 in disagreement over the tastelessness of your comments. And as I haven't spoken to Jambo about it, nor has he posted, I honestly don't know if he thinks it "okay", in an effort to sarcastically characterize my post, to suggest that the Jews perpetrate a Muslim "final solution" by "firing up the ovens and gas chambers." I assume he does not find that in good taste, but I'll let him answer for himself.

No comments: