Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I feel like Bill Murray in Ghostbusters!

Randy Moss going to the Vikings, Chiefs are the only undefeated team in the league, Marxist in the White House, dogs and cats living together ... total chaos!

Oy! Jefferson with a "B?" Man, you are a tough grader. No Bell Curve there.

Ok, I have a question about the Presidential Report Card. First, I commend your willingness, Titus, to go forward despite my & Jambo's lack luster participation thus far. And the following is no critique, just a call for clarification. I think it a keen observation that it's hard, especially regarding first tier Founding Fathers, to separate the actions during the actual terms in office from the totality of the man. Which brings me to "legacy." I noticed that while the first 4 categories for ol' TJ averaged out to just above an 85/B, your legacy rating was 11 points higher, at 96. So, is the legacy question to include accomplishments outside of the office of presidency, or just the time as president? If it's the latter, I think the "legacy" question must by definition reflect the previous four categories, precluding the possibility of an 11 point jump. If, however (and this is my preference), we allow "legacy" to be the one area where we do include time outside of the office of president, given that category is (I think) inexorably linked to the totality of the man (Jefferson penning the Constitution, Washington at Valley Forge, & Commander of all Continental forces for that matter - just for quick examples), then your 96 after an average of 85 over the 4 previous sectors is perfectly understandable ... although if legacy is to include the accomplishments of the "total man", I don't see how the likes of Washington & Jefferson don't rate a solid 100 - for if they can't get a 100 for legacy, no one can. See my point?

No comments: