Tuesday, October 5, 2010

On Beck ...

Let me just say this ... I'll admit, I don't know what it is with me & defending Glenn Beck. It's not because we share the same faith, honestly it's not. For some reason though - maybe because as a listener I've seen him go from semi-regional to a national force and I feel like I almost know him (I do not). Or perhaps his personal story - his mother committed suicide when he was 11 years old, he overcame alcoholism and a failed first marriage to become unquestionably successful (none of which has happened to me, don't misunderstand). Or maybe because his political commentary is laced with actual historical arguments and unlike say, Hannity (sorry Sean), I feel he reads, and reads profusely. I don't know what it is but when he is criticized I feel almost like it's a cousin of mine being attacked, and I respond accordingly. It's not rationale, I admit, and because no man can claim to be infallible (ahem), no man's "show" can be either. And given you clearly enjoy 90% of his show and my further rabid defense can only serve to endanger that (removing a common frame of source/topic reference from the Bund), I will yield.

No comments: