Monday, October 18, 2010

Re-reading...

I haven't had much time to myself the last week, but what I have had I spent reading old Bund posts. As has been pointed out before... we have some damn funny stuff out there, let me tell you.

What struck me the most, though, was the amount of stuff we (and I do mean all of us) have left unaddressed. One of us will pose a question or thought, and the thread is lost in the shuffle, never to be picked up again. This is, really, too bad... because some of that stuff is good stuff.

While I know the focus on our main topics of debate and discussion (politics, history, etc) are always seen, there are subtleties within the larger posts that seem to get lost... especially in our bigger and longer rants. New Deal, Israel vs PA, Russia, historic "what ifs"... they have dozens (many dozens, I'd wager) points and questions utterly untouched as we hurry on to the next rant, response or rebuttal.

Many of these are worth the revisit, I think. So the next time any of us are looking at the Bund page and thinking there isn't anything worth posting about... go back and touch on some of these gems that have been left lying at our feet. They are worth the time, believe me...

No comments: