Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Crap cheques, C&E's, horns, hi-low's and yo's.... coming out!

I attempted to keep my comments within the realm of a general argument - the over all superiority of the private sector versus the public when remedying community ailments. HOWEVER, I'm useless in a more specific argument concerning this topic. I can not, with a straight face, defend any aspect of Harrah's operating procedures, especially the Grand in particular. I loathed their management and I have it on good authority that the feeling was mutual. Thus, ideologies aside, I'll bow out of this one.

But just FYI concerning the Beau (a much more enjoyable experience professionally, minus the friendships established at the Grand of course) I give them a great deal of credit with regards to post Katrina efforts. They really stepped up. First they paid us our next check out of their own pocket in the amount our last check was with tokes. Then they paid us our straight salary for 90 days out. Not a huge boone for dealers since 80% of our income is tips, but for floor supervisors, maids, cooks, et al it was a significant, much needed relief. Also they allowed massive transfers to the Las Vegas properties. I once dealt a dice crew at Treasure Island that was the same I had 2 months prior in Mississippi!! And their relief fund paid me $500 towards an automobile repair I needed. So, kudos to MGM, and in specific the Beau. And even if it was paid by MGM's insurance, they still paid the premiums and must of asked for such coverage in specific in order to protect employees in the Gulf region. If it wasn't insurance then all the better - they picked up the tab out of pocket. And either way that was certainly not mandated by the MSGC.

*****
Oh, and is it just me or did history occur tonight? When was the last time, if ever, that 8 years after being the VP nominee of his Party, that nominee gives a key note address at the convention of the opposing Party, endorsing the opposing Party's candidate? Lieberman did just that tonight.

And Thompson had a great line tonight. Palin's a hunter, in Alaska obviously, and he noted that she's the first person on a presidential ticket since Teddy Roosevelt that knows how to properly field dress a moose. He,he,he....

No comments: