Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Muscle bound Alex P. Keaton."

That was GOOD.

For the record, I listen to talk radio or my ipod as I work out, not the gym's sound system. And as I said in the text I "saw" him on one of the 200 TV's in there - which yes, I did find distressing given he was doing his best Justin Timberlake impression, hip-hop dancing and clothes to match ... I can't take seeing "Lip" like that. I just can't.

At any rate ...

"OUR system of government provides for and protects the INDIVIDUAL liberties of the citizen, without compromising the freedoms of those around them. What more perfect and functional system of "assimilation" can we hope for? "

I still contend that the VAST majority of immigrants to this nation (and this includes many of the illegals, too) are coming so they can BECOME AMERICAN, and not to force America to becoming something else.


"Ryan's post focuses much of its attention on Europe and how she is coping with an alien immigrant culture... but, outside of England, none of the nations he listed have their "Rule of Law" in place for even HALF the time we have had ours... most, far less. The US Constitution has stood the test of time far better than the Rights of Man Act, or the Basic Law of Greater Germany ..."

First off, I thought I made the point clear at least 3 times that this "problem" as I saw it was one in which America was NOT having at present nor for the foreseeable future. We have no daylight between us there, so I assume this was just you agreeing with me rather then the converse. In fact it's one of the reasons Steyn titled his book: AMERICA ALONE, because he (as I and you apparently) believe we (read: The United States) could resist reverse assimilation whereas Europe & Canada can not. Second, the fact that England - as you stated above has had its Rule Of Law in place much longer then the rest of Europe - is THE PLACE which is having its law subverted, or perhaps supplanted is a better word, with "Muslim Courts", should scare the holy bat crap out of any democracy in existence at current. And in that capacity it affects not America's culture or Rule of Law etc, but possibly the relationships with her traditional alliances (in a generation or two).

One last thing:
"I'm still waiting for you to show me that these aren't the same issues and concerns held by "conservatives" at any point in history when a society has been faced with an influx of alien culture brought by a large, immigrant population ..."

Of course these are many of the same "concerns" that conservatives have traditionally held throughout history regarding alien culture's immigrating. That's not the point. The point is that "what" we conservatives are concerned about now is different - namely the importation of a group of peoples united with arguably draconian outlooks on law and liberty DURING an era in which the host country (the UK) has embraced "tolerance" to a point of enabling the supplantation of their own Rule Of Law. Now YOU show me in history when such a thing has happened - the rapid importation of a century's behind religious ideology (in terms of liberty and tolerance) into a democratic host country so wrapped up in "PC tolerance" that their own rule of law (i.e. their courts) is being supplanted by that alien ideology. Show me in history where that turned out just honky dory and "conservatives" were shown to have misplaced concerns regarding that in specific. THEN I'll stop worrying about Europe and the relationship affects it could have on the US.

And remember: the parameters of that example have to be specific to what's occurring in the UK and Europe as a whole (along with Canada): the rapid (doubling every ten years) importation of younger workers whom are generally united by a single religion, into a modern democrat society that has placed specific emphasis on a PC tolerant approach to alien religions all while those new worker immigrants insist and are granted the right to form their own court system and are given special access to public communication outlets (i.e. Canada's public speakers) to proselytize and practice their religion, as where indigenous religions are not. And oh ya - that "single religion" of the rapidly imported workers has to be at the point in history you point out, the one responsible for 90% of the terror attacks world wide.

You show me THAT example in history turning out just peachy for the host country, and I will belay my concerns. As I said, this situation is unique to the "if its not the Italians it the Irish" old argument that any type of immigration is healthy. Thus, I don't think you'll find your example. But I'll be waiting with baited breath ....

No comments: