Friday, September 26, 2008

Solving the world's economic problems over a pint.

Not that I'm drinking this early in the morning ...

A valid observation Titus.

I was assuming - and I should state as well that I have no particular expertise and am simply stating what seems most workable to me - that with the influx of cash into our markets (via my first 3 proposals) that the still viable "lending institutions" would see their fair share of such investment cash which would allow for additional loans for qualified home buyers.

Also, the 200 billion available in low interest loans would be allowed to prop up the "biggies" such as Lehman Brothers, and/or whomever else had the most market potential to be viable with the assistance of such loans. My"assumption" would be that between these two acts of cash injections this would bring your 65% number down to well under 10% thus "culling" those from the heard that would be a waste of a tax payer dollars anyway, were the government bailout to go forward as is.

While I think this would almost certainly avoid a depression, I'm not saying this would eliminate ALL risk from at least a mild recession (even if my entire plan were to be implemented) but it seems to me a healthier option then the bail out - which has no guarantee of success either and for which I am CERTAIN the law of unintended negative consequences will be evident.

No comments: