Friday, May 21, 2010

Biloxi PD Blue

While you girls spat about New Deal, arguing Archie Bunker vs Glenn Beck, I've got REAL issues.

1:38Am my door gets pounded on. And I'm not exaggerating. POUNDED on. No identification, no warning, just four very loud rapps. I open the door to a mag light shining in my eyes and a "You called us," answer to "What can I do for you?"

In the fifteen seconds I had before I opened the door I contemplated going into the bedroom (I had been at the computer, reading your latest bitchfest) and getting the shotgun. I opted not to, a decision that very well may have saved my life.

Now I'm not badmouthing Biloxi PD. They got sent to the wrong address. It happens. They apologized. NO harm done. But had I made a DIFFERENT call that could have been one ugly little piece of morning news. And I think THAT'S why I'm wide awake with my heart thudding STILL, some thirty minutes later.

Damn.

No comments: