Monday, May 31, 2010

How unfortunate for athiests ...

... yet another hole in their theory.

President Barak Obama, having skipped Arlington Cemetery and the laying of a wreath at the tomb of the Unknown Soldier (the first CiC to do so since its' inception), was scheduled to give Memorial Day remarks at a Lincoln site, in Chicago - where he and the first family chose to vacation for the 3 day holiday. Which really speaks to Titus' sentiment "let us not forget the reason for the season." As the PoTUS sat waiting for his turn at the lectern a cloud burst erupted, soaking the crowd, speakers, everyone. Forcing the president to retreat to an enclosed area, the speech postponed indefinitely. Of course I understand, it's dangerous to have multiple teleprompters exposed to rain (hehe). But I decided it's more than that. I can see Patton and a few other rowdy officers imploring God to give them just this little signal to any Commander-in-Chief whom would dain to pass on Arlington.

Every night when I pray with my sons I make it a point to enclose this request: "and please bless all the soldiers fighting for us, and their families." Tonight I will ask that all the US soldiers whom have given their life, that we may do things like pray, be blessed to spend eternity in His presence and their surviving families given comfort. And I will make sure my sons know why the change in our usual prayer.

Thank you to all those serving, and especially to the families whom have born the burden of losing their loved one in service to this nation.

No comments: