Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Another rant...

Obama is on vacation celebrating the return of the economy to a non-recession status... that according to the guru of economics, Joe Biden himself.

Want to know what I think?

I'm living in a state that still has more than 8% unemployment, one of the highest corporate tax rates, the fifth highest state income tax, and a government that can't make a budget for the last 6 years. I'm forced to relocate closer to work (I'm currently making a 110 mile commute round-trip, each day)... or to another jurisdiction altogether... because the price of gas has remained above $3/gallon for the last 5 months. In my chosen profession, this state has the lowest compensation rate of any other state that has gaming... which means I could move to almost ANY other state, do the same job, and get more money. I can't blame this on my employer entirely, because the state charges a 53% tax rate on slot revenue and a 21% rate on table revenue, which drives the cost of running the joint higher than anywhere else in the country.

PA is a microcosm of what Obama wants the rest of the country to be... and even our out-going Governor says so (Ed Rendell, if you wanted to check). If Wall Street and the rest of the economic machine that drives our country wonders what such designs can do for the rest of the country...

Come to PA and see what its like.

No comments: