Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Totally different subject...

... but as long as we are talking about series worth watching, let me mention this:

I'm a horror fan, and I'm especially fond of those "zombie apocolypse" shows like "Night of the Living Dead" at al. I love the real terror you can almost feel when imagining yourself facing hordes of "bad guys" that are as automatic in their actions as a giant virus... and nearly as numerous.

AMC is running a series now called The Walking Dead, and while it is NO WHERE NEAR as good as Pacific (I even hesitate to put their names on the same page), there is an aspect of pure, escapist fun in watching the series. I have it on DVR (the first season was only six episodes) and they are good... if for no other reason than they give you something fun to debate. It is amazing to me that I can lay in bed with Liz and frankly discuss what we should do if the event actually occurred... what do we need first, where do we go, what is the best means of transportation, what kind of weapons do we need, etc. Fun and kind of intellecutally stimulating, if you're looking for something to watch.

No comments: