Thursday, December 9, 2010

Can I get you a nice powdered Chardonnay to go with it?

Here in my adopted home town of Las Vegas our mayor (yes, our mayor) presided over a ceremony this morning unveiling Madame Tussaud's newest addition. And upon revealing the singer's wax likeness he declared today "Lady GaGa Day", noting that you can get a two for one ticket special if you donate a can of meat.

And as I would rather be beaten with a pillow case full of hammers then pay money to stare at wax dummies (ahem), I think I'll pass on the good Mayor's offer. Any wonder why this guy refuses to run for governor? I mean, that would be work.

This act of government business is surpassed in absurdity today by the only public servant capable of such a feat - Nancy Pelosi. Noting "we simply can't afford these tax cuts", she has killed the tax rate compromise the president struck with the GOP only a day ago. Can't afford it huh? This from a woman whom secured passage of the largest deficits in the history of the Republic. And by the way madam, it's not a "cut" if we're simply allowing rates to remain as they were over the last 10 years.

It occured to me that as the first female Speaker of the House it's likely that at some point Miss Tussaud will unveil Mrs. Pelosi's likeness. I'll be curious ... whether the wax or the real dummy will have had more work done on her face. I beseech you Democrats, please, please keep this woman as your leader for as long as possible.

No comments: