Friday, July 11, 2008

The energy market and its future?

Jambo and I were talking the other night about the future of energy in the United States and I thought this was something we could all get involved in without the whole political aspect of things although that would play a part.

I thought Jambo had a great plan as far as alternative energy goes. Decentralizing power generation by leasing wind and solar gear to individual homes and businesses instead of just supplying power. They could still supply power as needed when demand was too high for what could be individually generated but that would significantly decrease the amount of energy that needed to be supplied on a regular basis. Any excess energy generated by the individual would be pushed back into the grid for use by others.

I have been looking for a whole home solar setup for my home and it's amazing how few companies here in the all too sunny south are involved in it. I can't find one that deals in large scale insallations here in the coastal areas. I have looked into wind but it seems by all of the maps that we are in one of the least windy areas of the US down here on the Mississippi gulf coast. I have been able to find whole home kits to buy over the internet but I'm not even sure how big of an array I would need or how to even intall it once it got here so I'm kinda stuck. That leads me into my main point. For a country that is finally starting to see the light as far as the need for alternative energy goes there aren't a whole lot of folks getting involved. I find that quite startling since there is money in it for sure and alot of peeps that are willing to pay for the expertise. Every company I have found that deals in these types of operations is out west. I'm beginning to think that we...The Bund should get into installing solar and wind arrays and make a butt load of money and then we can buy a big driveway with a big screen tv and debate to our hearts content without worrying about where our next paycheck is coming from hehe.

No comments: