Friday, July 25, 2008

Handsome devils ...

Great shots there - I wondered how long you'd leave Ollie and I up, but you've found the perfect replacement. Great night, great friends, and a great pub. Look, don't feel bad - at least you're returning the texts and squeezed in a post, not to mention pictures I didn't previously have ... Jambo hasn't returned a text nor put up a post since Moses wore short pants, and I don't know what the deal is. Swinging bachelor that he is, I guess its all cocktails and lingerie strewn about. Do your duties, I won't give ya any more grief (well, that's probably a lie).

On Mac - yes he does have a "muddy delivery" problem ... sigh. Why is that the GOP has a far superior take on the world at large, yet can't find a representative for that party whom can put two syllables together in an inspiring way? This while the Dem's have the worst ideas on America and the world, and yet they have the slickest teleprompter guy in the universe? On that note Titus brought up Obama's Achilles heel - when his mother dunked him in the river Styx, apparently her fingers covered up the spontaneity bone - you get this guy off his script and it's a walking disaster. Case in point: he walks into friendly territory in an interview with Katie Couric - one of the gushing anchors accompanying him on this Cannon Ball Run through Europe and the Mid East - and she hems him up (unintentionally at first I believe) on the troop surge question. To paraphrase (its on the CBS site) she asks him the crystal ball question,"knowing what you now, about the positive impact the surge is having, would you support it were you able to do it over again?" The stumbling, um, ah, ummm that followed was stunning. And shockingly enough she pressed him on it until he finally said, "There's no doubt if we pour millions of dollars and thousands of troops into a situation that its going to be affected, but we should have directed those resources to Afghanistan and lets not forget how crucial it was to get the Sunni tribe leaders, in the 'Sunni awakening', to side with us and oppose Al Qeada and Al Sadir." She let him off the hook after that. First off the hot spot under the most enemy fire at that time, the theater needing an answer at that time was IRAQ! What in the world is he suggesting? That as the nation appealed to the PoTUS for answers in Iraq that he go on television and announce a 28k troop surge into Afghanistan? It would have been insanity, much as it is insane to suggest it now. And lets also note that it was the surge that made all the "Sunni awakening" possible! He speaks as if they occurred in some vacuum coincidentally timing with the surge announcement. They figured with the extra troops and enhanced orders (to get Sadir under control asap), that they wanted to be on the winning side - the US. This is all documented fact ... simply stunning.

This serves as lesson for all you aspiring politicians and public servants out there - when your avowed political opponent has an undeniable success, acknowledge it and move on. Denying the existence of what we can all see with our own eyes makes you look foolish, and certainly not ready to be the leader of the free world. I'm assuming The Emperor's New Clothes was NOT among his bed time stories.

****
Something funny - I'm at Wal Mart picking out socks. This attractive Asian gal walks up to me and asks if I'm a local (I figure she wants directions somewhere). She pulls out a pen and pad and explains that she's a casting agent for a new Playboy reality series entitled, "The World's Best Lap Dance." She asks if I'd like to be a judge on the show, all she needs is my email and she'll get me the details. Apparently 100 guys will judge several hundred Vegas strippers by actually getting lap dances. Now, I must admit, being the red blooded heterosexual American male that I am my animal instinct was to jump all over being paid (rather then paying) to judge exotic lap dances in which each busty babe will be trying to out "shock" the last. And I really had to pause and ask myself - "alright Ryan, are you seriously going to make an effort to run for congress by age 42 (don't ask me how I got that number)?" So, I turned the young lady down (not that Ang would have given that deal the ok anyway). So, there's my campaign slogan - "Hey, I passed on he worlds greatest lap dance for this, VOTE MOORE." He, he.


Well, good luck with the opening, I hope they give you a day off before Obama's second term (kidding - I agree it's not a forgone conclusion by any means). And Jambo ... drop me a line when you get back from the Crocodile Dundee style walkabout you are apparently undertaking ... later.

No comments: