Sunday, July 6, 2008

Ya right...whatever Jambo

Now as I'm talking to Jambo on the phone yesterday and we are in one of our rants we have a differing opinion. Jambo says I'll post my side and then you post yours and we'll let Titus and Ryan sort it out. Well as you can see I'm gonna have to post first in this bit of historical minutia.

It all started with one of Jambos lists of 5 things...you know the ones. This particular one deals with the 5 battles that defined the USA. I listened to his list and thought to myself, he's missing one. The Battle of New Orleans. I know all of the history guys would tell you that the treaty was already signed and the outcome of that battle was of no consequence. My arguement is that if the British had won the battle and taken New Orleans they would have abandoned the treaty because they now owned our back door and quite literally could take the whole dang country from behind. I don't think that is far fetched and for that matter you had to think they were still pissed off for losing the first war and an open window like that in my opinion would have given them every reason to scrap the treaty and restart the war from another direction.

Baddboy

No comments: