Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's sad, really...

As I'm sure Ryan already knows, Olbermann had to make a retraction because he was quoting a "liberal" blogger and the quote he stole was completely fabricated. If these guys REALLY wanted to make a splash, they'd steal OUR stuff.

In line with Jambo's post, I was watching (what else?) but the History Channel's marathon series "The Presidents" yesterday while I assembled Liz's new living room furniture. On one of our "report cards" we took the list as far back as McKinley... although I'm not sure where that list is, I'll have to look... and I keep meaning to go back to it and make a page here on the Bund so that we can continue to reference it or link to it. It was a good work, that... with a varied enough opinion base to make it far more objective than anything you are going to see out of the mainstream right now. In fact, I was amazed at how biased the History Channel was in regards to Bush Jr. I'm no routine-fan of George W., but I want to give credit where it is due. The History Channel didn't feel the same obligation, it seems... or they simply couldn't find any acedemics or historians willing to go on record as viewing Bush's terms in any kind of positive light.

Between the three of us, how can we NOT come up with enough time to do some work on that report card? It isn't like any of us have been burning up cyberspace to keep the posts flying here on the Bund. Am I the only one to have completed his scoring of Bush, now that he is out of office?

No comments: