Thursday, February 12, 2009

What do you want me to say?

No big surprise that Titus heaps wild applause upon that post. You invoked the letters WPA & TVA. You could of followed with passages from the Book of Mormon and chants of "the South will rise again", and he'd STILL be in before he picked his wagging tongue up off the floor. All while Badboy is "dittoing" for some unknown reason. Perhaps because he has been a proud member of the most successful arm of the federal government ever to march across the lands of man, so for that and that alone I grant him a pass.

Bottom line - you've cherry picked a few of the most self sustaining energy programs involving "big government", and claimed, "hey it will be like these only bigger." I ain't buying it and you shouldn't be selling it. Nice try though - in your last you attempt to turn the debate to represent my position as if I had stated "no big government projects ever have or ever will work." Look, you can speak in the empty platitudes of "what the future will bring" via the government and pull upon nostalgic remnants by referencing the TVA all you want, but the fact remains that in 2009 this plan would end up an unmitigated disaster in my opinion, making the federally subsidised "big dig" look like a clerical error, and that was a f---ing tunnel.

That's ok though, I'm used to being the only BONIFIED conservative in the joint.

But by all means - VIVA LE GOVERNMENT! They're doing a bang up job so far . . . social security; war on drugs; border security; bailouts; global warning; medicaid; medicare; welfare; FEMA; energy; illegal immigration; abortion; ear marks; capital gains tax; death tax; AMT; New Deal; Fannie Mae; Freddie Mac; SEC; war on poverty; affirmative action; quotas; peanut butter . . . and I could go on for about 8 to 9000 more pages of failed government objectives and programs, but I can't quit my job.

No comments: