Thursday, February 19, 2009

You can get cranky all you want...

I didn't swear or call you names... I employed sarcasm, which was determined to be something I invented here, remember? Please, keep your panties from bunching up and cutting off blood to the brain.

I'd LOVE to hear Jambo chime in here soon and tell me if I'm really THAT hard to understand when I write something. How can you deny that history is on the side of New Deal policies? The facts do not lie! GDP, salaries, sales, a decline in bank closings, a stronger dollar... and even unemployment ALL improved over the course of the New Deal era. Only unemployment stayed below the 1929 mark by the end of the decade, but it HAD inproved from its highest mark in '32-33. Anything proposed as a better alternative route to New Deal policies enters into the realm of "what if" and can't be verified, anyway, right?

Now, you can spend your time showing me whatever concrete historical evidence that you can find that any and/or all New Deal policies failed if you choose. I am going to finish my effort to show concrete evidence from modern "conservative" sources that SOME aspects of the New Deal worked and helped the nation to recover from the single greatest failing of the US economy in history.

No comments: