Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hmmm...

Look at the county-by-county returns, and Clinton runs away with the rural votes in PA... Obama only does well in the big city vote. You can't say it is a poverty vote, because some of these rural counties here in PA are dirt poor, and still ran with Clinton. I'd say it is far more likely to be a vote of frustration at the urban level... an indicator of just how screwed up cities like Philly really are.

Say what you will, though... PA is a HUGE 2nd Amendment state. The HIGHEST per capita NRA membership in the nation, and that includes MS, AL, NV AND TX. Neither of these two will win the general here, though... not without a miracle.

I'm waiting for the final numbers, though... when I was at the polls, they were saying that this primary had beaten all other primary turn-outs in the first two hours of voting (at least in my precinct). That's a lot of interest in this primary, if you ask me. John might not have an easy run of this....

No comments: