Friday, April 25, 2008

I should have been clearer ...

I wrote that post with just 10 minutes to spare as I jolted out the door for work - my time honored tradition of swiping through the time clock in a count down fashion worthy of Jack Bauer dismantling a bomb with only seconds pending till doom ...

First, I know Jeffs is a whacko of monumental proportions (he was caught here in Vegas - a (false) prophet caught in Sin City no less, he,he.). But it is precisely because their religion is so foreign to me as Mormon that I feel comfortable criticizing the police. In other words were I to "identify" with them in any way I would be sure to "put distance" between myself and they. But precisely because I see no correlation to what they've practiced for the 78 years since they broke away, I fear none in my comments regarding them.

What got my dander up was watching those kids be herded, pillows & blankets in hand like a sad Linus characterature, knowing there was really no reason (that I could come up with) for spiriting them away from their Mothers (who are victims themselves if what is reported is true), in complete foster-care isolation (from biological care givers). They could interview them in isolated rooms and return them to their mothers afterwards - but 500 miles away from the mothers (whom aren't under suspicion of direct abuse of any kind) in Houston, as a parent I view that as cruel and unusual.

It was that and the incessant pouring over (by GMA et al) of how these women dressed and acted .... where is that line of questioning for those in San Fransisco whom wish the Gay Pride Parade to pass by a Cathedral, ON SUNDAY during Mass, just so they can behave in sexually vile ways as they go by? It seems that if your perversion is in the name of the Lord, then it gets special scrutiny by the media and attention from law enforcement.

And on that point - I agree that marriage is defined (by law and my sense of morals) as between ONE man and ONE woman, so my follow up question is if the violation of that law (marriage) is the circumstances under which they proceeded with arrests, then WHY hasn't Gavine Nuesome, the mayor of San Fran, been arrested in CA for violating marriage laws when he unlawfully wed same sex couples in City Hall ???

And those two issues is what I wrote about (however unclearly) in haste this morning. If they are guilty of crimes of Polygamy, fine convict them - but I find an unequal treatment in place if married same sex couples are breaking the law yet walking free; and it is certainly no cause to take 5 year olds and infants away from their mothers.

****

On a different note ... not so "Reverend", Wright, will have his first "post-scandal" interview air tomorrow on PBS w/ Bill Moyers (I guess Jews are good enough to interview him, just not have their own state). I saw a snippet on FOX in which he says that Obama distanced himself "because he's a politician", rather then that he disagrees with him .... ummmmm ... where exactly is the Obama aide with the 8 month cruise tickets to Alaska for this guy?? This is the first of three stops. I'm starting a pool on how many times he'll accuse the US of planting AIDS in the black community ... who wants 11?

No comments: