Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hanging on every word...

Ryan, let's not lose our perspective here, okay? We were doing rather well, I thought.

The degree of pre-emptive policy discussed is only a factor if you look at BOT sides of your analogy. In my example of Iran's nuclear reactors, notice MY policy didn't include the use of hundreds of thousands of US soldiers, sailors and marines invading Iran, removing the established government, securing the country, and building a new government from scratch. If I advocated military action, it was limited in its scope and measured to meet the level of threat that I felt Iran posed.

In short, if we KNOW the reactors are for uranium procurement rather than electricity, then we will destroy every facet of your nuclear research facilities with every smart bomb and cruise missile I can round up.

Don't compare the threat level and ignore the level of response.

No comments: