Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bushs? I'm ready to do Obamas!

Look, its been 24 hours and my vehicles aren't paid off, I don't have a free mansion in the high end part of the Valley, and Bin Laden hasn't surrendered - WHAT'S THE HOLD UP MAN!?

Some tid bits here ...

Obama ... sorry... PRESIDENT, THE ALL MERCIFUL, HALLOWED BE HIS NAME, PEACE BE UPON HIM Obama has requested (read: ordered) a 4 month delay in the military tribunal trials of the remaining, captured and charged, 9/11 conspirators down in GTMO. He gave no reason as to why, not that I've found, but I can think of a few reasons he might order this, none of them good.

Also, noting that the American people are having to do some "belt tightening," he proclaimed "so is the government." Now he used that word - GOVERNMENT. And then announced that he is freezing ... get this cost saving measure ... the salaries of his senior staff.

Uh huh. Most of which are millionaires. And he isn't wiping out the salary, just "freezing." Well, I suppose that ought to sufficiently tear away at the $800,000,000,000.00 in spending he has in mind.

Look, I get that this is political theater, and it's laughable to the informed; but what concerns me is he knows, and he is RIGHT, that the millions that support him will lap this up as the first sign real "change" has come to Washington, and cite it as an example of his benevolence, mastery of government, and status as an agent for reform. Strike concern, it flat out SCARES me that you can now win national elections based on a sort of Daily Show, Bill Maher, Lettermen style popularity, without any examination of policy or position, and make symbolic (at best) "changes" as a substitute for discussing real policy.

*sigh*

No comments: