Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I think it's getting close to time

Well after much soul searching I think I'm getting close to retirement. I'm not sure how much time I can do under the circumstances. I'll have to check my records to see how close I am but I'm pretty sure I can retire within the next year or so. I was considering staying for 30 years but...I just don't think I can do it. The military is a young mans proffession and I think the younger members of the military understand their new CIC better than I do. I will finish my time with the same vigor that I have my whole career but when it is time to go I will not hesitate.

I have read your responses Titus and you went off topic on me. I still contend that modern Islamic extremism towards the US didn't start until the US started overtly supporting Israel. It really doesn't matter that Jimmy Carter was president when the Tehran Embassy fisco took place (I shouldn't have said anything about that), that incident made the US look weak in the eyes of muslim nations and terrorist organizations. We can argue the Barbary Wars until we are blue in the face and you would win that one because I know nothing of them, but I haven't heard ony terrorist utter one peep about the barbary wars in thier video or audio tapes. I do hear them talk about our support for Israel and our presence in places such as Iraq and Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia and many other muslim nations. Our influence whether direct or indirect on the women and children of these nations puts their control over them at risk.

I could go on and on about the different reasons they hate us but I believe the use of the Koran is just a cop out for the real reasons they hate us. They are a male dominated soceity with absolutely no regard for the rights of women, girls or anyone that isn't Muslim. The fact that we support Israel just adds fuel to the fire and once again seems to be the bonding thread for all of these nations and groups.

No comments: