Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I was thinking...

It's funny how history repeats.

Eight years ago, I watched the final returns of the election (nearly a full day after the polls closed, of course) saying Bush won. I didn't vote for Bush in 2000, and I was bracing myself for a very smug Ryan. My attitude was simply... "Hey, he has it all now. A Republican Congress, the White House, and a conservative majority in the Supreme Court." No excuses for failure now.

How can anyone see it differently now?

There is no super-majority, so the opposition still has some sway. The Chief Justice is a very conservative Bush appointee. At least one key Cabinet appointment is a Bush carry-over (and a good one, too).

I'm in the same spot that I was in eight years ago... the only difference is Ryan now gets to see what the view is like from MY perspective.

I'm really looking forward the end of the whining... it makes listening to talk radio about as much fun now as it was listening to NPR for the last 6 years.

No comments: