Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The last recourse of a weak mind...

I don't know what else I can do... I recanted my original claim that Reagan "conspired" with Iran to keep the hostages BECAUSE it hadn't been substantiated by Federal authorities, and submitted another example of Federally determined illegal activity in its place, while letting the first two examples stand on their own merits.

Are those three examples refuted? Are the rebutted? Has anyone here offered a legitimate RATIONAL explanation for the policies I questioned?

Nope. All we get is snide, sarcastic name-calling and juvenile innuendos. How is that behavior any different than the crowds of sneering and jeering Bush-haters that laughed and waved their shoes as his motorcade drove away from the ceremonies yesterday? No rational basis for the outright sanctimonious ignorant pride... just pure emotional response.

And all this time I thought that was the trademark of a LIBERAL... nice.

My sources are not quotes from the National Enquirer. I have cited USMC field manuals, tactical analysis works, Congressional testimony, and clear, unbiased investigative reporting. The people I am quoting are such CURRENT political figures as the Chair of the 9/11 Commission, Newt Gingrich (prior to his role as Speaker), and former VP and Sec Def Richard Cheney. I'm not mooning over some Moore-esque "what-if" work like those crying "No Blood for Oil" or "Impeach Bush Now"... I feel my position is clearly and unambiguously laid out and simply waits to be refuted or explained by a rational adult with a modicum of intellectual capability.

Someone let me know when the REAL Reagan-conservatives arrive so I can stop wasting my time.

1 comment:

F. Ryan said...

Hehe.

The real Reagan conservatives? Me, as so much shoe throwing liberal, intellectualy vacant swill?

Such blasphemy. And from a good little Catholic ... tisk, tisk.