Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day!

Seeing as we are all fathers here, I thought I'd wish everyone well today. However, given this is Titus' first "official" Fathers Day, I want to wish him a particularly happy day. Welcome to the club! I have no doubt you will prove as much of a blessing to your child's life as he is to yours.

My favorite Fathers Day gift of all time was last year. My then 7 year old took his green army men (the tiny fixed leg plastic ones for a dollar that we all grew up with), a large paper cardboard egg carton, and his trusty Elmers and recreated a scene from the Band of Brothers episode, "Replacements", complete with one of those parachute guys you wrap up and throw in the air. It's worth its weight in gold.

Today we may take in a movie, or slay the Huns on the fantastic video game Call To Duty, World At War. Good stuff. So here's wishing you many an egg crate full of Elmers glue as you celebrate the joy that is fatherhood.

No comments: